“Facts About The Bronze Era”
As the name indicates the Bronze Age refers to an ancient era which lies between Iron Age and Stone Age. In the Bronze Age, Bronze was heavily utilized for the development of weapons, tools and other such implements. Chemically Bronze is prepared by getting the copper heated. Once heated the copper is blended with tin which ultimately results in a metal which is far more robust then copper. Of course this metal is known as Bronze.
The Bronze Age itself is a very huge subject and loads of books have already been written on the subject by some of the best archaeologists of our age. To give you a summarized version of the Bronze Age, in the below mentioned points we have gathered some of the major facts that are associated with Bronze Age. The facts are as follows.
- The Bronze Age was basically subdivided into three more archetypal divisions. The names of these divisions are Early Bronze Age, The Middle Bronze Age and Late Bronze Age. The development of Bronze Age is different in different parts of the world for example in Middle East and Asia the first system associated with Metallurgy was introduced until the system was exported to Europe via conquest and trading.
- During the Bronze Age the metals used to be extracted from ores. The ores used to be melted via fire and were ultimately casted to the required shape of the tools. It is historically recorded that during the Early Bronze Age the smelting technology use to utilize metals which also include name likes like copper. The copper was later mixed with tin to produce hard bronze.
- The civilizations of Egypt, Mesopotamia and China really prospered during this age. All these three societies are distinguished in history due to the writing system which was introduced by them. The Egyptian and Sumerian hieroglyphics that have been found show us their debt and daily life. These three civilizations also excelled in farming through introduction of concepts like metal plough.
- During the Bronze Age the trading relations between different societies and civilizations that existed during that age expanded from Europe to Asia and vice versa. Such trading relations ultimately contributed towards the spreading of casting, mining and smelting systems throughout the world.
- Apart from wonderful inventions like weapons and metal tools there were several other inventions as well that were made during this era and among these inventions, a famous one is that of Potter’s wheel.
- Various sophisticated Ornaments and design tools that actually defined social class and artistry of the owner were developed during this time and age.
- It was in Late Bronze Age when Mycenaeans first settled in Greece. After arriving in Greece the Mycenaeans developed metal trading ties with other monarchies or kingdoms of the world. The cloth weaving and roundhouse in Britain were developed during the Late Bronze Age.
- Iron was discovered during the Bronze Age which ultimately contributed towards the conclusion of the Bronze Age.
- Chariots were first introduced during the Bronze Age. The chariot basically served as a war vehicle however it was also transport tool for the dignitaries of the society.
- Umbrella was also invented during the Bronze Age. The tool was basically developed by the Egyptians. Apart from umbrella there are many other Bronze Age tools as well.
These were some of the facts that are associated with the Bronze Age. The subject is huge and if you are really interested in this topic then it is recommended that you should check out a popular bookstore in your region or country.